Total Arm Session (VOLUME)
This is a great volume workout that activates the shoulder stabilizers and focuses on some key lifts that allow for a greater volume approach in this session.
Here is the general breakdown as I did not specifically count each set and every last rep.
Only if you are more advanced should you push the volume towards 5 sets.
Your volume of training every week should be determined in part by the frequency of each body part.
For example, if you train arms twice per week as opposed to once per week, you would decrease the volume during each individual workout.
Watch the full video with commentary below:
General Warmup: Stepmill 10-20 min
Dynamic Warmup: Yoga Flow (members can do Swole-in-7)
Focused Warmup: Prone Press, Leaning Side Raise, Scaptions, Z Press (no weight)
Beginners - 1-2 sets, no failure
Intermediate - 2-3 sets, less failure
Advanced - 3-5 sets, heavier, shorter rest
- Kettlebell Side Raise Heavy Partials ==> Drop set high rep ==> 5lb isometric hold w/ burnout reps (3-5 sets)
- Barbell Curls (3-5 sets | approx 6-12 reps each set, so go heavy)
- Bent-Over Posterior Deltoid Cable Raise // Standing Leaning Overhead Triceps Extension // Hammer Curls (3-5 sets | Higher Rep Range 10-15 )
- One-Arm Preacher Curls (Heavy 6-10 reps) // Bent Over Posterior Deltoid DB (15-20 reps) (3-5 sets)
- Reverse Curls (15-20 reps) // Barbell Triceps Kickbacks (10-15 reps) (3-5 sets)